A New Spring: 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

A New Spring: 2018

Eddie Ruiz and Sam Cerva run track.

Eddie Ruiz and Sam Cerva run track.

Eddie Ruiz and Sam Cerva run track.

Eddie Ruiz and Sam Cerva run track.

Sam Cerva, writer

Writer’s Perspective: Spring, one of my two favorite seasons, is coming up. The reason why it is my favorite is because of the weather in the season, which is my favorite part too. Fall is my other favorite because it somewhat has the same climate as Spring. In summer, the weather is too hot, and whenever it rains, it would almost always be a thunderstorm. In Winter, it is too cold and windy. That being said, the only weather I prefer is warm, and just normal rain, without thunderstorms.

In Spring, there is also track, which is what I plan to do because I love to run. It is the only sport that I participated in besides golf, and being able to try track my freshman year is what made my it so exciting. In track, my best experiences are hanging with all my teammates and hearing them cheer me on as I sprint down the track. They help me go beyond my limits and find further improvement. This Spring, Lip-sync battle is coming up, I was desperate to do it since the beginning of the year.

The Spring trend I am preparing for is Dragon Ball Super’s ending. That show is one of my favorite shows of all time, and at the end of the year, a new dragon ball movie may be out. My last message is have a great spring, and prepare for the coming summer.

Some students have shared their plans and experiences for Spring:

• Freshman Layla Thomas plans on doing tennis because she talked to people who play. “During spring break, I am planning to go to Dollywood. I find it exciting when the weather gets warmer, which is also my favorite part. In Spring, and overall, it has been a rewarding experience to be on the honor roll. The trends I am preparing for are new fashion choices.”

Here are some seniors that have shared their their plans for this spring, previous Springtime experiences, and dream(s) they may pursue.

1. Morgan Melton dreams to have a degree in pre-med. “I am just ready to graduate high school, so that is what I’m planning on. Celebrating my sister’s birthday was the most exciting part. I love the weather. This spring, I signed into the college Emory and Henry, that was my most rewarding experience. I am preparing for new fashion choices.”
  2. Darynn Via plans to visit colleges this spring. “Spring break is my most exciting part because I went on vacation to Gaitlinburg one time. The only trend I am preparing for is the class of 2018 graduation. The weather in spring is my favorite part. In Spring, I was given more chances to be more outgoing and hanging with friends, so that is something really rewarding. When I graduate, I want to become a psychologist.”
  3. Nic Bahnken’s most exciting part of Spring was meeting his friends and trying new things, “I plan to play baseball, weightlift and work on healthy diets. I did track a few years ago, and I am spending my last year playing baseball. I really loved running the 400m in track, and being able to get faster in track has been my most rewarding experience in Spring. This Spring, I plan to see the new Avengers movie, and after I graduate high school I go to NRCC for two years and then I will get a degree at Virginia Tech.”
  4. Maria Ford’s most rewarding part of Spring was going to states in track, which was also her most exciting part. “I have been and I am still running in track, and this year, I am also playing soccer just to try new things. I love to do track because I love to meet new people on the team and at the meets, and it is my favorite part of spring. In track, my best experience was running the 4 x 1 relay. This spring, I plan to graduate! The trend I am ready for is just class of 2018 graduation, and I also plan to go to California. When I graduate high school, I want to go to NRCC for two years and then go to Radford for Sports Medicine or Pediatrics.”