The Mustang Times

Mustang Nation, Senior Night, EMHS Football vs Craig 11/2

Sam Cerva

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ashley Basham uses her creativity to paint on the students' faces.

At the end of the school day on November 2, EMHS football, the football cheerleaders and the Marching Mustangs marched around the school to build Mustang spirit for the final home football game of the year. Right after school, SGA had their Mustang Nation Night to help build up our spirit. In the Auxiliary gym for Mustang Nation Night, the was a blowup obstacle course, a bake sale and three corn hole games. There was also a face painting area.

During the warm-up of the game, all our senior football and golf players were recognized for their hard work in certain things. When the football players began to run out on the field, the student section was called down to the field to make a tunnel for them and then the game began. It was a hard fought game, but Mustangs won 42-20, and made it to playoffs.

Here are all the seniors that were recognized:

Levi Bower with his family.

Levi Bower is one of the two senior golf players. He is a member of robotics, and EMHS robotics have been to the world championships for the last three years in a row. He is also a member of Stampede and Beta. After high school, Levi plans to major in computer technology.

Hunter Justus in his first AND only year of high school golf.

Hunter Justus is the other senior golf player. He also played football one year and he plays basketball and baseball. He is a member of chess and Yoga. After high school, he plans to go to NRCC for two years and then Radford or Tech to study special eduacation.

Dylan Patrick with his brother Bryce.

Dylan Patrick is one of the many senior football players. He is a member of Interact, Beta, Stampede and he is in the band. He ran track in high school and also played baseball. He plans to learn to weld and get an engineering degree.

Jeff Woods with his sister Kaitie.

Jeff Woods is another senior football player. He also ran Cross Country and Track and was also in the band one time. He is a member of the Beta club, Interact and is a leader of Stampede. He plans to study computer science after high school.

Jacob Blankenship stands as everyone cheers him on.

Jacob Blankenship is a senior football player, and a member of Beta. He is also on Interact and Environmental Science. After high school, Jacob plans go to New River Community College and then transfer to a four-year college to achieve a degree in accounting.

Devin Owens walks proudly down the track with brother Dylan Owens.

Devin Owens is a senior football player. He was also a participant in Track and Field for a couple of years, and is a participator in intramural sports, FCA and weightlifting club. He is also on first team all-district and all-region running back. In football weightlifting, he has made the 1200 pound club with a four-lift total of 1440 pounds, which is the current record for EMHS football. He plans to play college football at Emory and Henry and also pursue a degree in special education.

Our Homecoming king, Matt McClernon walks down his royal track as everyone bows before him.

Matt McClernon is a senior football player and he was this year’s Homecoming king. He is also a member of the 1200 pound club in weightlifting with a four lift total of. He plans to pursue a degree in sports medicine.

Vance Garren standing proud as everyone cheers him and his fellow seniors.

Vance Garren is a football player and is a team captain. He also plays baseball, and is a member of Beta, Blacksburg Ruritan Club and is a two time national FBLA competiton participant. He plans to pursue a degree in business from the McIntire School of Commerce.

Eithen Morris walks down the track as he is introduced as a graduating senior.

Eithen Morris has played football throughout high school. He also had A/B Honor roll. After high school he plans to continue his studies at New River.

Christian and Cody Londrigan are recognized as football seniors.

Christian Londrigan and his brother Cody Londrigan play football and baseball. Both of them were known for having perfect attendance. Christian was also a participant in track and field, and both have been training in auto tech for three years. Christian plans to become a certified welder, and Cody plans to continue training in auto mechanics.

Daniel Crawford proudly watches his fellow seniors.

Daniel Crawford is a football player. He also plays basketball, and he played baseball for three years. He plans to obtain a degree in athletic training.

EMHS Football’s biggest fan Clinton shows excitement for the game and the graduating seniors.

Clinton Obenchain is well known as the biggest fan of basketball and football. He had straight As throughout high school. In his 10th grade year, he was in charge of the EMHS recycling program. After high school, he hopes to get a job where he can help others.

Jasmine playing her clarinet at the Veterans day parade.

Jasmine Harmon is one of the band members. She plays the clarinet and band is one of her favorite parts of high school. She plans to go to Radford.

Johnathan and Mia represented this year’s 12th grade homecoming court.

Jonathan Moore has been in band ever since sixth grade, and he is one of the drum players. He is a menber of Interact and Beta clubs. He also represented the 12th grade homecoming court along with Mia Donathan. He plans to get an associates degree in electrical engineering from NRCC.

Mia Donathan is the drum major of the band for last year and this year. She is a flute player and directs the band during the songs. She plans to go to Virginia Western and become an X-ray technician.

About the Contributors
Sam Cerva, Writer

My name is Sam Cerva, I am a journalist, and this is my second year being one. Working on the yearbook and the newspaper is one of my favorite activities...

Madison Smith, writer & photographer

Better known as Maddie or Mad Dog. She also plays five sports which include volleyball, basketball, soccer, cross country, and her favorite track, but...

Eddie Ruiz, Staff writer and photographer

I'm a Cross Country and Track runner. I do sports with a lot of cardio, so that I can eat whatever I want. My background is mostly Hispanic. I lived in...

Laralye Calloway, Writer

Laralye is a junior and this is her third year in newspaper club and first year in the yearbook class. She enjoys creative writing and poetry. She loves...

David Guard, staff writer

David Guard is a 18 year old senior in his third year writing for the newspaper.

“It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re seventeen...