The Mustang Times

Moving In Love

Back to Article
Back to Article

Moving In Love

Bodhi Hutton

Bodhi Hutton

Bodhi Hutton

Kaylee Blanton, Contributing Writer

“Kale!” Mom yelled from the other side of my bedroom door. I knew it was time to wake up for the first horrifying day of a new school. I unrolled myself out of Zebra print blanket, and limped over to almost empty closet. I put on a black hoodie, ripped jeans, and converse. Nothing special, I hate standing out especially since I’m pretty much the new girl every six months.

I brushed my teeth and went down my old wooden stairs where my mom was waiting for me. she was young to be a mother of a 16 year old. But she was making it by ourselves speaking that we have been kicked out of houses and apartments ever since I was born basically. My dad left when he found out my mom was pregnant with me. My mom was afraid to love again and so was I, I never wanted to love liked my mom loved my dad. I still hear her crying every night and it was almost 17 years ago that happened.

“Ready for your first day, honey?” Mom asked, like she always does. I nod and give this fake smile like I’m okay with moving all the time.

“It will be different this time, I swear” she adds. She always says that but it never changes, Mom can’t pay the rent and we get kicked out, again.  I grab an apple and my backpack and walk out the door into “rush hour”. I think that’s what New York people call it. The school was walking distance from our apartment so It wouldn’t hurt my unfit self to walk. Five minutes, Five whole minutes it takes me to walk to McCoy High School. I could feel people staring at me, like I was some famous person or something. I walk up the concrete steps into the double doors. I turn my head to look for a sign for the main office. Found it! I walk faster than normal, still trying not too draw attention to myself.

“Woah” A guy says as I bump into him  

“In a rush?” He adds. I look up to a dirty blonde, jock looking type, around my age,he was gorgeous.

“T-t-the o-office?” I stutter the question.

“I’ll tell you were it is if you tell me your name, cutie.” he said

“K-Kale” I stuttered again. He looked me as I looked at him his ocean like eyes were staring into mine.

“Come on” He said as he motioned his hand into his direction he was going. I followed hoping not to make a fool of myself.

“Here we are,” he said.

“Thanks,” I said finally getting rid of my stutter.

“No problem, always happy to help,” he said smiling. His smile was beautiful his teeth were as white as the clouds.

“I’ll walk you in,” he said opening the door, holding it for me

“Oh, Aaron, what brings you in here today?” a lady at a nice wooden desk remarked.

“I think we have a new student. I was bringing her to the office,” Aaron said.

“Oh, Hi sweetie! What’s your name?” the lady asks me.

“Kaleyn Blackwell” I answered as she typed my name in a computer.

“Ah, there you are” She said smiling and printing something off.

“Here’s your schedule, and I’m sure Aaron would love to show you around” she said, smiling at Aaron

“Of course,” he said taking my schedule out of my hand

“Oh, cool we have almost the same  classes,” he says. We walk out of the office.

“So where you from?” he asked as we were trying to walk through the herd of teenagers trying to get to class.

“A little bit of everywhere,” I mumbled kinda quietly.

“What does that mean?” Aaron said

“I’ve never stayed in the same place for more than 6 months,” I said.

“Oh, that’s sad. But also kind of cool I love to travel, but I’ve lived here my whole life,” he said.

“I wish” I signed. We walked in silence til we got to class, World History II.

“Mr. Smith?” Aaron asked as we walked into the classroom, not surprised no one was in the room. It was like a desert.

“Yes?” He asked turning around. I would assume he was the high school football coach, the teacher that was everyone’s favorite.

“This is Kale, she is the new girl for next block,” he said

“Welcome” Mr. Smith said smiling.

“You can sit beside Aaron if you would like”

*RING*

The bell was loud and kids walked in and sat down and I did the same, something was weird about Aaron. I had this feeling for him I had never felt before.

*8 hours later*

I hung out with Aaron for the rest of the day; every chance I got I looked into those dreamy eyes of his. I think I like him, not normal for me.

(Aaron’’s POV)

Wow, Kale is absolutely beautiful. The second I laid eyes on her she made me go crazy for her. I never believed in love at first sight but I think I am.

(Kale’s POV)

“Mom, I’m home” I yelled as I threw my backpack down on the chair beside the door.

“In here, Honey,” she yelled back from the kitchen.

“Kale?”

It was him.

“Aaron what are you doing here, how do you know where I live?” I asked still shocked.

“I looked around,” he answered.

“Anyways, I was wondering, if you want to hang out?” he added. Did he just ask me out?

“When?” I asked.

“Now” Aaron said, he had this look on his face like I was going to say no. I looked at my mom, she was smiling like she wanted me to say yes. I wanted to say yes but I was scared too.

“Honey, go, I know you want to“  Mom said. I nodded my head yes, and Aaron smiled. He gestured to the door for us to leave. I walked in the direction of the door and we left. I was going out with Aaron.

“So” Aaron said to break the silents

“So?” I asked

“Tell me something about yourself” He said

“What do you wanna know?” I asked

“Well, everything” Aaron said.

“I can’t tell you everything, that’s a whole 16 years worth” I laughed.

“I wanna know everything, I have time” He said.

We got ice cream and pretty much told him my life story. We laughed and talked like we knew each other our whole lives and really we knew each other for 12 whole hours. I walked in the apartment, Aaron didn’t come in he was already out past curfew. I heard yelling coming from my mom’s room.

“I don’t care Michael, you haven’t had anything to do with me or Kalelyn for 17 years”

I could hear my mom crying. I also didn’t recognize the name Michael, was he my dad?

“Mike, I gotta go. I think Kalelyn just walked through the door.”

“Mom?” I asked knocking on her door.

“Come in” Her voice was weak, like she has been crying forever.

“Is everything okay?” I asked

“That was your dad, he lives here in New York” she said.

“And?” I asked

“He’s fighting for custody” She said, my life was crashing to pieces. Why did my dad want me now?

*2 months later*

Aaron and I keep talking and we are basically dating, well I think. My mom and I go to court and I meet my dad.

*the next day*

“Good morning” the judge said. I look at my dad he kind of looks like me.

*2 hours later*

“The custody of Kalelyn is the…”

“Father”

This was exactly why I was afraid to fall in love.

The past week has been very dragged. My face was as red as a cherry. I’ve cried enough to fill up a river.

I talked to Aaron, he wasn’t happy about it. He hasn’t talked to me since.

(Aaron  POV)

I heard Kale was moving again, I knew not to fall in love with a girl that always moves. I haven’t talk to her because I don’t want her to see I’m falling apart. I have to say something but I can’t build up the courage to say it

Today was moving day for her, and her dad was picking her up at 12:00.

(Kale’s POV)

Moving day! So excited about it. Aaron still has not said a word to me. I wanted to say goodbye but I don’t want to bother. I heard the rocks of the driveway as my dad pulled up. Moving was never this hard for me, but now that Aaron was in the picture, I didn’t want to leave.

“Kale?” Mom said in a weak voice.

“I’m coming” I said grabbing my last bag to bring downstairs.

“Aaron?” I said as I walked down and dropped my bag.

“Kale I’m in love with you, be with me forever, I’m going to college in upstate New York, I graduate in a few weeks, there’s nothing more I want but to be with you” He said. Tears were running down my cheek

“Of course, I love you too” I said as I kissed him.

One year later…

College rolled around, I graduated early so I could be with Aaron. I was happy for once in my life and my mom and dad are actually having a good relationship. Sitting in the car with me and Aaron’s stuff all packed up feels great. The day was just like any other day. Sunny, hot, and just perfect. Aaron was holding my hand while his other was steering. I looked over at him and he glanced at me, we both smiled. Before we knew it the car was flipped over and I closed my eyes going to the light.

“Woah” A guy says as I bump into him  

“Here we are,” he said.

“What does that mean?” Aaron said

“Welcome” Mr. Smith said smiling.

*RING*

*8 hours later*

(Aaron’’s POV)

(Kale’s POV)

“Kale?”

It was him.

“I looked around,” he answered.

“When?” I asked.

“So” Aaron said to break the silents

“So?” I asked

“What do you wanna know?” I asked

“Well, everything” Aaron said.

“Mom?” I asked knocking on her door.

“Is everything okay?” I asked

“And?” I asked

*2 months later*

*the next day*

*2 hours later*

“The custody of Kalelyn is the…”

“Father”

(Aaron  POV)

(Kale’s POV)

“Kale?” Mom said in a weak voice.

One year later…

Bodhi Hutton

About the Writer
Kaylee Blanton, Staff Writer

Kaylee is a freshman and first year of Journalism Class. Writing is one of her best quality! She's a EMHS cheerleader and loves to spend her free time...